We have developed the “online application system” for the Schedule A exam (Application period: June 11-17). Please access the GSFS’s site to learn the process and complete your application. You can even pay the screening fee using the system. Before submission, make sure that everything is correct.
Please be sure that you need to submit the necessary documents through three steps.
STEP 1: Upload the files at the time of registration
Files below are required to be attached upon registration.
（１）Form to Attach Payment Certificate (only for the applicant who have already paid the screening fee)
– Use this form, scan it, then attach PDF file (maximum 5MB)
（２）Inquiry Sheet and Documents Checklist
– Available on the department website. Fill in the form, scan it, then attach PDF file (maximum 6MB)
– Scan it, then attach PDF File (Maximum 6MB). Both sides are needed.
（４）Certificate of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
– Scan it, then attach PDF File (Maximum 6MB)
STEP 2: Upload remaining files using “Upload Additional Documents” function
・TOEFL or IELTS score sheet
– Obligatory for Doctor course applicant (Current UTokyo student is exempted), and Master course applicant of “Special Selection for Applicants with Overseas Education.”
You should attach PDF score sheet. Original score sheet also should be submitted through postal mail in time for July 31st.）
・Certificate of Residence
– Obligatory for foreigner resident in Japan, current UTokyo student is exempted)
・Short essay about research plan
– Obligatory for Master course applicant of “Special Selection for Applicants with Overseas Education.”
– Obligatory for all doctor course applicant
・Research/Work Balance Plan
– Only applicants who wish to attend school while working in a company or government
STEP 3: Send original documents by postal mail
・Form to Attach Payment Certificate, Transcript/Academic Record, Certificate of Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma (immediately after registration)
・TOEFL or IELTS original score sheet (Only applicant required, in time for July 31st)